X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 47 | Travis Huber | RHP | College of Southern Idaho

Discuss

also an infielder. 6'3"

CSI freshman closer Travis Huber has also been selected. He wasthe 47th-round selection of the Florida Marlins (1,427thoverall).

Huber, from Salt Lake City, posted a 2-2 record with a 2.27 ERAand five saves for CSI this season, making 20 appearances out ofthe bullpen. He has signed a NJCAA National Letter of Intent toreturn to the Golden Eagles in fall.
    http://astros.baseball-news-update.c...-in-mlb-draft/
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Travis Huber knew it was coming, but he still grew increasingly nervous as round after round on the final day of the Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft concluded without hearing his name announced.

With four rounds left he was finally able to exhale.

Huber, the College of Southern Idaho’s closer, was taken in the 47th round (1,427th overall selection) by the Florida Marlins, the same organization that took then-CSI closer Tyler Curtis a season ago.

“They called me a few days ago and said they were going to draft me and that it would be sometime in the later rounds, on the second or third day,” said Huber, who was waiting alongside CSI coach Boomer Walker when his name was finally called. “I was a little bit nervous toward the end, but they said they’d draft me and they were true to their word. Once they said my name it was a big relief.”

Huber went 2-2 as a freshman in 20 relief appearances, posting a 2.27 ERA and five saves. He has signed a NJCAA National Letter of Intent to return to Twin Falls next season.

He said he intends to honor that commitment unless blown away with a contract offer.

“I haven’t been pitching very long, and I feel I have a lot of room to improve,” Huber said. “There’s no better place than CSI to do it.”

Huber is in Twin Falls for the summer, taking summer classes and working to improve his fastball — which typically touches 90 mph but cracked 92 in the Region 18 Tournament — and his overall strength.

Still, he called getting drafted “an awesome deal.”
      http://www.magicvalley.com/sports/ar...82e844605.html
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

The College of Southern Idaho is an...interesting institution.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
        X